Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Big Daddy!


Today is Big Daddy's birthday. He hates birthdays. Well, mainly just his own birthday. And he hates it when anyone makes a big deal for him. So, out of respect, I won't go on and on about what a wonderful husband he is. I won't talk about how lucky I am that I've spent the last 12 years of my life and have so many more ahead with him. I won't talk about how much he makes me laugh, even when he's not trying (and I mean that in a good way). I won't talk about what an amazing father he is, even when he doesn't think so. I won't talk about how much I appreciate everything he's done for me, from supporting every wild, crazy, and illogical whim I have to taking care of me when I'm sick and whiny (and when I'm not sick but still whiny). I won't talk about how much I love that he is always game for anything, be it tagging along on my many Goodwill trips (and NEVER rushing me!) to dressing up as Elvis to hand out invitations (yes, he's actually done that). Nope, I won't talk about any of that. Out of respect for him, of course.

I love you, Big Daddy. You are my world and I'm a better person because of you. Happy Birthday!

P.S. Pictures of his birthday present coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment