Saturday, March 6, 2010

Walking With Dinosaurs

One more nephew has a birthday coming up...this time, it's my great-nephew and he will be all of one year old! I made a rag quilt for his sister (who will be here soon!) and thought I'd make one for him as well. But a little more "boy-ish", of course:


Aaaaah...it's a friendly dinosaur......And now a close-up on the face:


Um, can I just say how much I lovelovelove these rag quilts? They're a bit time consuming but sooooo worth it...at least I think so....This one went a bit easier than the last one as I sorta/kinda knew what I was doing. Sorta/kinda. At least I didn't get completely stressed out and have to look up words like "baste" and "chain stitch".

Let's look at some more pictures, shall we? The top half:


And the booty half:


And this is the back of the quilt:



My nephew's birthday party is tomorrow and hopefully he'll like it. Well, as much as a one year old can like a blanket. I've got lots of birthdays and gifts to make in April. Time to get busy!

4 comments: