Saturday, February 6, 2010

Operation Camo Bag: Completed

Monday is my nephew's 13th birthday (Happy Birthday, Dillon!) and I had been racking my brain as to what to make for a 13 year old boy. I mean, really, what do you make???? I searched through websites and magazines for ideas and I came across a pattern for a large laundry bag in the first issue of Sew It All magazine. Now, I seriously doubt he needs to lug laundry around but I thought, "What about paintball gear? Or his ghilley suit that Big Daddy help him make for Halloween? (For those of you who don't know what a ghilley suit is, google it...it's pretty awesome).

And this is what I came up with:


Maybe it will look better if Big Daddy models it:


I sewed a zipper on the straps so he can carry it as a duffle:


Or he can unzip it and carry it as a backpack:


And, is it just me, or does Big Daddy bear a resemblance to the old guy on the cover of the Led Zeppelin IV album:


No? It is just me? Oh well....

I also addded a name patch that Big Daddy had on one of his old Army uniforms. I mean, we gotta represent, right?


Now, that this is finished, it's on to the next projects: a Valentine's gift for Big Daddy and gifts for Keeley's first birthday!

4 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! You are just too talented woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My man also refers to himself as Big Daddy. Is it a military thing? Anyway, your blog and your crafts are awesome! Keep on craftin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! When you told me you were making a 13 year old boy a backpack I was a little worried... I'm no longer worried, this looks great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty cool! It looks like you may need to make one for Frank for his birthday also!

    ReplyDelete