Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

A little late...yes, I know. The problem with blogging about the gifts you make is that you can't talk about them on said blog until that gift is given. Oh well.

So the Big Daddy and I usually don't do anything huge for Valentine's Day, usually just a card (I know, we're such romantics). This year, though, I wanted to do something a little special for him and what better way to say "I love you" than with something sweet? Or how about several somethings sweet? And that's why Big Daddy got this:


Ooooh yeah....a whole year of desserts!



I created 12 coupons for Big Daddy to redeem throughout the year for some of his favorite desserts. The fine print on them reads: "These vouchers entitle the bearer to one dessert of his choice per month. Vouchers must be presented upon redemption and must give at least 24 hours notice for preparation". I had to give myself some leeway, ya know?

Then, I had to make a voucher envelope for the coupons. I found a pattern at www.myrtleandeunice.com that fit the bill perfectly. I bought some kinda/sorta-manly-not-too-feminine fabric. This is the back of the envelope:



This is the front of the envelope:



Note the cutesy cupcake appliques that totally negates the attempt at manly fabric. I then added a little ribbon to tie it closed and voila! Dessert of the Month Club with awesome coupon envelope. Plus a gift that will last all year long!

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

1 comment: