Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Mysterious Case of the Absentee Blogger: Part 2

I have to admit it: I'm a little biased when it comes to making gifts. It is so much more fun to make things for girls than for boys. Girl things are just so cute. And boy things, well, they take forever to think of and they don't always turn out how you want them to. My next couple of posts will be about boy gifts but this one is about a girl gift.

My niece turned 12 this year (in April...I know, I know, I'm a little late). What to make for a beautiful 12 year old girl? How about a super cute make-up bag? All girls love make-up, right? I've had this pattern sitting around for awhile:



I decided it was time to put it to use! The pattern had 5 different ones to choose from....I chose the small one in the picture in the upper right corner. It seemed to be the perfect size for make-up. The others were a little too large, unless you do your make-up like Tammy Faye then the bigger sizes would be perfect. But my niece does not.

The pattern called for a patchwork of different material for the the middle portion but I wanted it a little more simple. And this is how it turned out:



Hmmm....it's so cute, I might make one for myself! It's even cuter on the inside:



A little pink surprise! And now for a rear view:



And the little tabby-thingie:


This was actually pretty simple to make. The pattern instructions were easy to follow and I completed this in a few hours. That's a record for me! I might even try my hand at one of the purses!

No comments:

Post a Comment